Lucid Absinthe Superieure is definitely the first actual wormwood that contains Absinthe to be legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 most people are
needing to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was made by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, that had been designed to be sold in the US, it contains real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other conventional Absinthe herbs. Additional information can be found at drinklucid.com but here are some facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs rather than unnatural colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was created by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his knowledge of traditional Absinthe making strategies to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which complies with US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood the same as pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe covered huge amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they’d all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid carries a very unique black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In accordance with the Lucid website it can be bought throughout the United States therefore you should be able to buy it through your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also offers a web shop where you can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the US – a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Yet another excellent means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the initial item but shipping and handling costs nothing for additional products ordered.
The essences via AbsintheKit.com are manufactured from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are incredibly economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits made up of 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits produce 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really are a fantastic buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you have your own personal real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is known.
Essences are a great option to looking for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to use too.